Koha and Perl again!

Two year back I was a Koha (http://www.koha.org) consultant,
may be the first Koha consultant from India.
I did two successful installations, but later
when I got a job I stopped my consultancy works.
Actually I got many offers from all over India
to install Koha. But I found it will be very difficult to
support many clients alone. Though two of my customers was happy.

Yesterday (Sunday), I visited one of customer.
They required few changes in OPAC. In five
hours somehow I completed that work.
I was constantly referring perlintro, perlretut etc.

I think it will be very difficult for a Python
programmer to do Perl programming.

I have written a document and scripts for
ISIS to Koha migrators:
http://www.kohadocs.org/CDS_ISIS_to_Koha.html

(ISIS versions are distributed by UNESCO since late 60s.
and there lots of installation world wide.)

Hmm.. now I will get back to office works,
I got lots responses for my Zope3 article,
so I will improve it.

Popular posts from this blog

New location for Python Testing Tools Taxonomy

PyCon India 2014 received 143 proposals

To the Indian Python Programming Community, Thank you for the award