Some thoughts on Python 3 adoption

IMHO, every Python community member should try to promote Python 3. I know there are criticisms about Python 3 -- whatever it is, "Python 3 is the present and future of the language". Constructive criticisms should be welcomed and that should lead to better Python 3.x releases.

As a community member what we can do to promote Python 3 ? I am looking forward to your thoughts on this.  Please write your comments here or you can write it in your blog and leave a link here.

Before giving any new suggestions, let me check what are the small things that I have tried.

In the beginning of 2011, I have created a website with the help of other community members to increase the adoption of Python 3 by collecting issues in a central location.  That idea didn't worked well, then I dropped that project. I have given a lightning talk about that project during PyCon 2011 in Atlanta.

I have tried to use Python 3 for my personal projects and written blogs about my experience.

I used Python 3.4 in my Selenium documentation.  In fact this actually reduced the number of steps to install Selenium.

I have always given an up-vote in Python sub-reddit for the posts related to Python 3.

Whenever I conduct a workshop or training on Python 2, I tried to point out how the same works in Python 3.

Well, these are the few things that I could recollect now.  I am sure, there will be many other things which is going to help the adoption of Python 3. For example,  this could be one good idea: Encourage Python 3 related talks, workshops etc. in all PyCon conferences and other regional Python related conferences.

Looking forward to your ideas to promote Python 3 and increase the adoption!

Popular posts from this blog

PyCon India 2014 received 143 proposals

getdefault method for python dictionary